Subscribe For Free Latest Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Tuesday 26 April 2016



Sudipto Chakraborty
Aahh! Finally, I was lucky enough to sort out a few questions in the form of  an interview for Sudipto Chakraborty, the star Youtuber from India. Thank you Sudipto for this informative interview. :-) .

                   Sudipto Chakraborty is dashing his way through Youtubing journey at the point. His Youtube channel Tekhsquare is now well renowned worldwide for the high quality tech reviews and informative videos. His Youtube channel Tekhsquare has already been featured on many a blogs and Youtube India's Official Twitter.

In this interview he shares his journey as an army kid to a star Youtuber of India. If you are a newbie youtuber hoping around for some inspiration then you are at the right place. Enjoy!

INTERVIEW



1. Please introduce yourself to our readers. Share your family background and education status.

Ans -  Hi, I am Sudipto Chakraborty from TekhSquare, and it's my pleasure to be here on RandomTimes.in and with their readers. If you don't already know, then I run a YouTube channel namely TekhSquare, which has been named as Channel of the day by YouTube India. Alongside I am also a blogger, and I blog at www.TekhSquare.com. Apart from that, I've been featured on BloggersIdeas and also have contributed many times on one of the leading business blog, Trak.in. 
 
 As of my background is concerned, I come from an Army background where I've been raised and transferred to almost all the major cities of this country right from my birth. For the most part, I've been living an Army lifestyle with my dad which also in a way reflects majorly in myself and the way I handle my business.

2. How was it that you eventually had came up to be a youtuber? What was your goals then?

Ans - So as I mentioned before about my Army lifestyle. Which isn't an exquisite way to have a decent social life, took away a lot of the socializing elements. And being an avid geek at heart, I would always talk about tech and gadgets to my friends, which never really sparked any interest about gizmos to any of them. And this entire thing created a gap between my interests and social friends. At that time, YouTube was emerging and was a free and easy platform to share your views and opinion. Soon, I figured out my niche and started making videos on the topics that please me. And the greatest thing ever happened was being able to find a community that is interested in talking and hearing the same thing you want to talk about. 
So I uploaded my first video on YouTube in 2009 and since then it never stopped. Although, TekhSquare is a relatively new channel, and it has just turned three years old. But over the course of time, I have learned major lessons from the past and experience.


3. All of us are always eager to know more about entrepreneurship. So please share with us your experience and feelings as an young entrepreneur.

Ans - There are many ways you can call yourself an Entrepreneur, but really to be one or rather a successful one you have to do a lot of sacrifices. The lifestyle is ghetto, and you don't always get to celebrate each and every occasion. Sleepless nights becomes much more of a common thing. And you don't have a regular lifestyle like your friends do. But that's okay because you know that you are doing something that you love.
If you believe in yourself, and you want your favorite car that's either your poster on your wall or your computer wallpaper, you have to work and hustle. There are 86400 seconds in a day, make each one of them count.

4. What were all the utilities you started with for recording videos? What are the ones that you use now?

Ans - So I started with a Logitech C270 webcam, which I used in various ways in conjunction with my PC and Laptop to get different shots and even do product videos. Later I upgraded to the Nikon D3200 DSLR, which is hands down one of the best camera for that price and I can wholeheartedly recommend that thing.
The gear I'm using right now is a Canon 70D with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens and Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. For audio, I am currently using the Sennheiser MKE600 and studio lighting kit to light up my videos.

5. Any specified icon or idol in your life whom you want to work with?  Why?

Ans - Casey Neistat. He's not only a motivation but a definition of story teller and vlogger. You can call me a hardcore fan, but his story and lessons always keeps me inspired and motivated to always do something out of the box.

6. You are currently reviewing technology gadgets for your channel. Will you work for any other niches in the future?

Ans - Apart from technology, I'm very much interested in Film, Storytelling, and Traveling. So I definitely might try something along those lines in future.

7. You have created a official site for your YouTube channel tekhsquare.com. What are your future plan with it? 

Ans - So my website TekhSquare.com is a technology blog and even though there are a gazillion of different and better tech blogs out there. I've decided to share some of my thoughts and story on technology in my prospective. So it may not be like others, but it's a place for me to share extended story apart from my YouTube Channel.

8. Please share with us the most difficult problem/problems you have ever faced as a youtuber. What were the solutions?

Ans - One of the most difficult problems I faced while being a YouTuber is to get that initial boost/ exposure in the beginning. And it is common with almost any other YouTuber out there. The first audience is very crucial as well as tough to get at the same time. And surely, it’s quite a task to get the ball rolling. The best and easy way I figured out, is to join several Facebook and Google+ groups of the same niche. And share your content with the same. Do note that there is a difference between sharing and spamming. From there on you can start interacting, make new friends and eventually get some initial viewers for your content. Alongside all of this, having great quality content is as important as anything else in this list.

9. You had started with your career quite early  in your teenage. How did you schedule your time for work aside education? Some tips for the teenage youtubers there?

Ans - I particularly wasn’t very good at managing my time. And I always had to take out a major amount of time from my studies to create my videos. For me, it was everything about following the passion. Although, at times it proved to be an awful decision for my dripping marks. One thing I can suggest to all the teenage YouTubers out there is to focus on scheduling your day or week in advance. Dividing and assigning your workflow to different days of the week helps in managing a good chunk of time for studies as well as work at the same time.

10. As you know Sudipto, many Indian parents are orthodox in nature with their children. Maybe their child wants to make a startup in online career as of blogging, youtubing etc. But they actually are more conscious about the formal education. And they just fear the term 'Internet'. What are your notions about these situations? Is their any harm to the teenagers to make their start ups and follow their passion?

Ans - Speaking about myself in particular, I always had immense support from my parents, and I feel quite lucky about it. To this day when I feel low and when things don’t go well, they are the first one to push me up to work and hustle.
 But that’s not the case with everyone else out there. And yes, I do agree that formal education is needed, but I firmly believe that if you don’t prioritize your goals and passion then most probably you will end up working for someone else. At this day and age, if your parents don’t understand your passion for blogging, YouTubing or even startup. Then you have to introduce them to the good terms of the internet. The world is changing and in next few years everything is going to change and if you have to conquer this market, then there is no better time than doing it now.


11. The most desired goal or achievement you always dream about? 

Ans - There isn’t just one goal that I am very particular about. But regarding YouTube, I have a goal of reaching a total of 1 million subscribers someday.


12. Some advices and tips for the newbie Youtubers?

Ans - The biggest advice I can give to any newbie YouTuber is to focus on two things. Audio and story telling. You can get away with decent video quality, but if the audio isn’t good enough. Then your viewers will have a hard time watching your videos. And storytelling is very crucial because you don’t want to do the same thing everyone else is doing. Adding a little bit taste of your story helps your viewer to distinguish you out from the bunch and also keeps them engaged at the same time. The last thing you’d wish for your viewers is to get bored out of your content.

39 comments : Post Yours! Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

  1. Hi Chandrangsu,
    Nice Interview indeed.
    Yes I agree with Sudipto that audio is really important. Can you please tell me which tool is better for screencast video recording. Both free and paid.
    Thanks


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much of a windows guy, but if you are using an Windows computer then the only piece of software I know is Camtasia Studio, which works exceptionally well. Otherwise on the Mac side you have Quicktime which free and as good as any other paid software out there. And you can also try Screenflow for Mac as it also has a NLE editor, so after capturing the footage you can edit on the same piece of software, just like Camtasia Studio for Windows.

      Delete
  2. this post motivate me, keep the good work continue bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of him until now but I guess that's what happens when you don't watch YouTube videos. I'm sure that he'll reach his goal for 1 million subscribers and I wish him success in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great interview and also growing from an army background is always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this interview and the tips he gave for the last question. I'm glad his channel is doing so well and I wish him much more success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a drastic shift from an army lifestyle to a youtuber. I guess that gives him more channels to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire youtubers so much, especially the kids. I love their confidence and their creative skills and knowledge about their niche are simply amazing! Sudipto sounds like a great kid, he knows his business very well and is also very professional! I hope he continues to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is inspiring for youtube newbies. Sudipto is a youtube star and his journey to become one is worth emulating

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love reading about people's success stories because it's so inspiring! This is no exception! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so inspiring and love to see people with so much hard work and success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's young and he's already done a lot online. That's the beauty of the worldwide web because it somehow evens the playing field. It's also good that his parents are supportive of his endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazing that he started by just a simple webcam then he was able to upgrade to much high end camera. Good for him. I will check him later in youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Youtubers have a special skill of talking well, and selling what they talk about. This is a talent not everyone has. Good he discovered his talent early and pounced on the opportunity to do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. not familiar with this youtuber at all, but that's probably because i'm not a tech person at all. nice interview though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice interview on the tech youtuber! Will love to work with him if I ever visit India! Link me up with him if possible~

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a genius interview.. I think I can use this to one of my interviews soon.. For now I am still in a review school to study.

    ReplyDelete
  17. People can reach heights of success if they are really hardworking and determined. Nice points highlighted in this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview, a timely article for me to read too. I've been curious about Youtubers and their success stories since I don't think I can be one of them even if I wanted too have, it just isn't my scene I guess. I love writing more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This YouTuber is inspiring because he has solid goals and he knows exactly how he's going to achieve them. I'm surprised he uses so many lenses in recording videos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. An inspiring story. Kudos to the young gentleman who persevered and hang in there to be a YouTube star. It's never easy because it's such a saturated "market".

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great inspiring blog post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing this , i love reading and listening success stories like this, and it fuels my passion to become a successful entrepreneur

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow its so inspiring, never say no to any chances in life. I am going to check out more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete



Copyright © 2016 - RandomTimes - All Rights Reserved
(Articles Cannot Be Reproduced Without Author Permission.)
Design By : SafeTricks & Techrar | Powered By: BlueHost